Saturday, May 14, 2011

Hello, My name is Auntie M!


On September 8, 2010, the day after my birthday I found out that I was going to be an aunt to my sister's baby! This past Tuesday I was giving my 5th graders their Science End-0f-Grade test. I had just finished giving the test and my principal told me that my mom had called the school during the testing session and my sister was at the hospital in Labor & Delivery. I jumped and cried and hugged my principal all at the same time... I was SO excited & surprised that she was going in a week early. The ladies in the front office at VanStory quickly got my class a substitute for the rest of the day and I was off! I came home to get my camera and then stopped by our family's favorite florist to get some flowers for sister & baby... then I was off to the hospital.
pink roses for mommy & baby E
Arriving at the hospital, I was surprised to find Sister doing so well. She was happy and upbeat despite constant contractions and her husband, Will, being halfway around the world on his way home from Afghanistan in Kuwait. He did not even know yet that she was at the hospital. He finally got a message from me on his phone, and called us. He was sad that he had not made it on time for the birth.. but God was in control, and everything turned out just fine. We got Skype set up on my phone, and Sister & Will were able to video-chat with each other before the birth. During the birth, Will got to be on the phone and hear everything going on in the room. Of course we wish he could have been here, but at least he wasn't in an airplane and couldn't talk or hear anything!
Shortly after the Skype session, nurse Lex from Trinidad & Tobago, came in for Sister's check. She was dilated enough and said it was time! We were so excited the time had finally come. After about 30 minutes of work on Sister's part, Eleanor Lee Canda was born at 6:05pm. She was 7 pounds 11 ounces, 20.5 inches long, and absolutely perfect! 





We are all so excited that Eleanor has graced us with her presence. She is such a good baby, loves to sleep and to nurse with her momma. JB and I are loving being Auntie M & Uncle Johnny already and it's only been 4 days! What a blessing from God to have this special little lady in our family! Thankful that she is happy & healthy baby girl :) 

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet baby! the look on her mama's face is so cute - all that love!!!

    ReplyDelete