Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer So Far...

So... It is quite obvious that I have been lacking in my blogging! It's almost been 3 months! Geez... that means that my sweet little niece is almost 3 months old, which is clearly NOT OK! 

Since my last post:

  • School got out June 10th, gonna miss Team Baker.. but hoping for another wonderful group of children & parents 
  • I chaperoned a group of 4th-6th graders on a church camp, PassportKids in Wingate, NC for a few days
  • JB & I had a "see you later" dinner with our good friend, Jen(nifer) haha... as she was about to move to Kansas. This was my first hard goodbye because of the Army, but I am SURE it won't be the last. 
  • JB & I went to Florida & Puerto Rico to visit the other Bakers! (another post for this!)
  • The podiatrist figured out what is wrong with my feet... basically a bone is too long in both feet, causing overall foot pains/aches and specific joint pain. EW. 
  • JB & I took my dad on Fayetteville's own, ZipQuest Zip-lining and Water Falls, for his  Father's Day gift! 
  • I took the position as being a CO-leader for our Battalion's FRG (Family Readiness Group)
  • I worked the VIP tent with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, meeting John, Paulie, owners of Blue Ridge Cabin (who provided the home), and even getting to shoot a scene acting with Sabrina Soto from HGTV! She is the newest member of the EHM design team. Hopefully that scene will make the cut for the October episode!!
  • Spent 10 days at N. Myrtle Beach with family, with JB making it for one weekend when he got out of the field
  • And this week, I started to get my classroom in order, got a much-needed pedicure, had lunch with my co-leader to discuss FRG stuff, did my FRG training last night, and had another podiatrist appointment in which I got my first cortisone injection in my foot... hoping for some relief so surgery won't be needed for a LONG time!! 
Here are a few snapshots from our summer :) 

sneak peak from our trip to Vieques, Puerto Rico
Designer John from Extreme Home Makeover, in the VIP tent

Designer Paulie from EHM,  outside in front of the new house in Fay
Eleanor sleeping in her tent on the beach for the first time

More to come! Only a couple weeks left of summer!! 

1 comment:

  1. Love the update! I'll look for you on TV, you star, you.

    ReplyDelete