As Mother's Day approaches tomorrow I find myself reflecting on fond memories of my mother and I. Memories of her leaving notes in my lunches growing up, my senior spring break with her to Savannah, playing basketball & going on bike rides after dinners, lemon cakes on my birthdays, shopping for back to school clothes, coming to basketball games to watch me cheer, teaching me to drive her bmw convertible manual (when I was 14) in her school's parking lot, fighting about curfews, helping me with homework, and always cooking dinner during the week days so that our family could eat together. I cherish all of these memories and I look forward to so many more to come. Some of which are here to come soon. The other most important woman in my life is my sister, Laura, who is expecting her first born within the next couple of weeks. She also is going to be a wonderful, caring mother who will make memories of a lifetime with baby Eleanor. I do not yet know the love that a mother feels for their child, but I can only imagine how amazing and fulfilling it is! God has truly blessed me with my mother and my sister who is a soon-to-be mother who are both such wonderful role models of what a mother's love should look like.
 |
| Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you! |
The Reading Mother
By: Strickland Gillian
I had a Mother who read to me
Sagas of pirates who scoured the sea,
Culasses clenched their yellow teeth,
"Blackbirds" stowed in the hold beneath.
I had a Mother who read to me lays
Of ancient and gallant and golden days;
Stories of Marmion and Ivanhoe,
Which every boy has a right to know.
I had a Mother who read to me tales
Of Gelert the hound of hills of Wales,
True to his trust till his tragic death,
Faithfulness blent with his final breath.
I had a Mother who read to me the things
That wholesome life to the boy heart brings-
Stories that stir with an upward touch,
Oh, that each mother of boys were such!
You may have tangible wealth untold;
Caskets of jewels and coffers of gold.
Richer than I you can never be-
I had a Mother who read to me.
-love this poem about one of the best gifts a mother can give their child,
reading to them, and being together during that time-
No comments:
Post a Comment