On Monday, we left the house in the afternoon after I got home from work for another bike ride. The ride was going well, until the trek home. On the way home, I got broadsided by a Jeep and I was thrown off of my bicycle. The driver claims she did not see John and myself, which I think is crazy, but oh well. A good family friend saw everything happen as he was one or two cars behind the driver of the Jeep. He stopped and helped JB and I get emergency things taken care of. What a blessing to have him there. He saw me fly off of the bicycle and land on my left side. I AM SO THANKFUL to GOD that I was not hurt worse than I was. My left hand and arm are scraped up and I landed awfully hard on my tailbone/buttocks. The EMS, fire truck, and police all came to the scene & it was determined that was not broken... so I did not go hospital. My head also hit the ground, and the helmet that I was wearing actually did pop off. If anyone takes anything from this accident, it is to ALWAYS WEAR YOUR HELMET!!! I cannot imagine what would have happened if I had not been wearing mine.
Like I said earlier, I am just so grateful that nothing worse happened. I still cannot believe that I was hit by a car, but I know God was trying to teach me something to do with His plan. Maybe it is for me to tell my story and talk about God's grace in my life, maybe it is to share His perfect plan for everyone's life who believes in Him, or maybe it is simply to spread the world for more people to be cautious of "sharing the roads" and to wear their helmets. I don't know exactly why... but that doesn't matter, it happened, and the glory goes to God that He ultimately saved my life. I am blessed beyond my belief and so thankful I am even able two days later to type my story. Thanks be to God!
Thank you to those that have prayed and are still praying for my recovery. I am grateful for your thoughtfulness during this time. I have been back at school since the accident, and I actually do feel a little better. My body is still recovering, but my heart and mind are there and thankful for this miracle.
This week is also Teacher's Appreciation Week, and yesterday I shared my accident story with my class. Today as one of my little gifts from a sweet student was a framed picture of a flower and above it read, "Miracles Happen Everyday." I will cherish that and remember that miracles happen all because of our Lord and Savior's gift of grace. :)
Don't forget to count your blessings and give thanks for them all!
I honestly do not think that I will go a day for the rest of my life and not give thanks.
I hope you do the same!
Hi Maggie! I am so glad you were not hurt! What a blessing indeed! I will pray for you that your recovery continues smoothly and speedily. I popped over here from seeing that you follow my blog, thnak you! We have a lot in common. I am a former teacher of 12 years in elementary school and (although I am not) my siser just became an Army wife in December. He is stationed in El Paso. Some of my most cherished gifts came from my students. I'm glad too that you shared your story with your students. That will surely be something that will impact their lives in knowing that God protected you from being more badly injured from such a scary accident, and in also remembering to wear their helmets while on a bike. I hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend! I will check back soon!
ReplyDeleteAmy